Frequently Asked Questions
The Vermont Inn to Inn Walking Tour is a sought-after adventure by people from around the world. To date, walkers from more than thirty-seven countries have taken part in this simple and beautiful adventure!
You will arrive at one of the Southern Vermont inns the evening before the walk. The next morning after breakfast, you will be given a route map and snacks for the day. Your route will average approximately 10 miles. The Innkeeper will transport your bags to the next bed and breakfast, so that your bags are ready for you when you arrive later in the day. At the next B&B, you will have the opportunity to clean up, relax and enjoy a great evening meal (specialty dish) prepared by the Innkeepers. The next three days each offer another great country/gourmet breakfast, a different route leading to the next B&B, another great evening meal, and an experience of a lifetime!
A self-guided walking tour is the perfect way to enhance your vacations and romantic getaways in Vermont.
The walk is in a large 40+ mile circle, so your last days’ walk will return you to the first inn where your car is parked and awaiting your arrival.
- Four-night stay includes each night at a different Vermont inn
- Private room with private bath
- Full country/gourmet breakfast each morning
- Afternoon refreshments at each inn
- Dinner each night
- Trail snacks for the day’s walk
- Luggage transportation each day between inns
- Remember: if you struggle to lift the bags, we can’t lift them either!
- All taxes, service charges and gratuities
To get the most enjoyment out of this Vermont Inn-to-Inn Walking Tour bed and breakfast package, be sure to bring the following items:
- Casual clothing for afternoon and evenings
- Warm sweater or pullover sweatshirt for cool or damp days
- Water repellent windbreaker or light jacket and pants
- Broken-in walking shoes/sneakers that provide comfort and good support
- Suntan lotion or sunscreen and lip balm
- Long pants
- Walking shorts for warmer days
- Lightweight long-sleeve shirt for cool days, short-sleeve for warm days
- Hat for protection from the sun, heat or rain
- Extra socks
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Pepper spray
- Toilet paper….there is a bathroom around every tree.
- Binoculars and guidebook to plants, flowers, trees, birds, wildlife etc.
There are several airports within a two-hour drive of the Vermont Inn-to-Inn Tour:
- Manchester, NH
- Albany, NY
- Burlington, VT
- Hartford, CT
Boston is a 3 ½ hour drive.
New York City airports are a 4-5 hour drive.
Bus and rail service is available from NY and Boston to Bellows Falls, VT (a 1/2 hour drive from Vermont Inn-to-Inn Walking Tour)
Although we can provide pick up at the train station or local airports near the Inns at a cost of $1.00/mile, we are not equipped to pick you up from the major airports 2 hours away. It is best that you rent a car from that distance.
We understand that there may be a need to cancel a tour for health or emergency needs at home; for this reason, we have developed a cancellation policy that can guide you in the event you do have a need to cancel. The reason for the 14-day window noted below is to give time for the inns to rebook the tour space should you need to cancel.
- Notices of cancellation must be received no later than 14 days prior to scheduled start of the tour.
- A 25% service charge will be applied.
- There are no refunds within the 14-day window, nor during the tour.